There’s no better way to kick off the coming wake season than to invite the entire northwest water sports community to Koppert Lake for Active Water Sports’ Annual Spring Classic event held on April 21st. After a long and strange snow season, I was as anxious as the rest of the northwest wake riders to get back on the water with my wakeboard.
The weather forecast called for rain all week, except Saturday we were promised mid 70′s and clear skies! The sun was a bit slower to get out of bed than I was, but by 10 o’clock the blue skies were out and the shoreline was quickly covered with lawn chairs and excited riders and spectators alike. For most of our riders it was their first ride of the season, but a few were lucky enough to make it out once or twice before. We totaled almost 50 riders to compete in the event. The contest offered the same divisions as our previous events: Grom, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Master’s, Women’s, Wakeskate, Rails, and Pro. Our division participation was pretty well rounded throughout the competition. Every division held between 6-10 riders and that gave a fair chance for all the riders to get on the podium. Contest results are listed below. Photos taken by Corey Bruce: http://coreybrucephotography.tumblr.com/
Grom: Novice: Intermediate:
1. Tanner Higham 1. Austin Preuss 1. Dave Bodi
2. Seth Mckeon 2. Talon Sorensen 2. Sean Cebell
3. Paige Storey 3. Sterling Fry 3. John Macarthur
Womens: Masters: Advanced:
1. Molly Hawken 1. Ray Durkee 1. Tyler Higham
2. Priscilla Stultz 2. Mike Raines 2. Corbin Schafer
3. Michelle Moos 3. Darren Halsey 3. Ammon Markstaller
Wakeskate: Rails: Open:
1. Aaron Huntley 1. Jake Southard 1. Kyler Green
2. Sean Cebell 2. Zach Schneider 2. Eddie Roberts
3. Patrick Mahoney 3. AJ Westlund 3. AJ Westlund
Words courtesy of PORTLANDZ’s Zach Schneider, to read the full article and see all the photos head over to PORTLANDZ.NET.